Don’t know what those brown spots on your ceiling mean? Spots might look pretty harmless to you but those could be signs of a water leak in your roof. In turn, prolonged water leak could lead to all sorts of damage in your home. Here’s what you need to keep your eyes peeled out for, according to the Disaster Safety Org:
1. Rusted Steel and Warped Wood. The longer the water leak runs, the longer you expose parts of your roof to the damage. Water, when it comes in contact with steel rook decks, can cause the steel to rust over. For wooden roof decks, the issue is swelling and warping of the wood.
2. Rotting Wood. In extreme cases, or after a lengthy exposure, the wood in your roof will begin to rot. That’s a cause for alarm. Rotting wood is unstable and can go at any moment. If you don’t pay attention to the signs and fail to request for appropriate roof leak repair measures, you might just be surprised to come home and find parts of your roof have already collapsed.
3. Weaker Roof Deck. The water also presents another challenge to your roof: added weight. With nowhere to go, that weight will continue to wear down on parts of your roof, to the point that these areas become structurally weak. This also compromises the stability of the entire structure, which could lead to a premature collapse.
4. Moisture in Your Ceiling. If you encounter drops of moisture inside your home and yet, you’re pretty sure there aren’t any holes in your ceiling, that could mean a leak in your roof. While that might not be bearable during the summer, come the rainy season, you’ll find yourself in a mad scramble to get roofers to replace your roof. So make sure you stay a step ahead of these issues. Hire the assistance of professionals to take care of the roof leak repair for you right away.
5. Mold Infestation. Seeing signs of mold? That means a water leak in your roof. Mold is particularly difficult to get rid of, so before you reach this point, take steps to repair and restore parts of your roof, back to when everything was dry and mold-free.
So don’t take chances with your home. Get the expert opinion of professionals on how to best handle the situation. For more information on roof leak repair, visit TechPro Roofing.
TechPro Roofing provides roof leak repair services. Need our help? Call us for an appointment today!