Many homeowners regard the words “roof replacement” with dread and horror. This happens not only because they know that they’ll have to invest money in a new roof, but also because they may not know whether it’s best to use the same materials or get a different type of roof. For those who have had asphalt shingles for decades, it may be a good idea to at least consider some other options. One of the best roofing materials on the market today is metal.
For those who have never even considered a metal roof, here’s a brief overview of the advantages that it can offer to a homeowner:
* Asphalt shingle roofs generally last about fifteen to twenty-five years. While many homeowners are fine with that lifespan, it is important to realize that metal roofs can offer double the longevity since they have a life expectancy of about forty to seventy years. This saves homeowners a lot of money over time since they won’t have to financially invest in a roof replacement for a long time to come.
* Among all of the choices for roofing materials, metal
* is one of the most energy efficient. Metal roofs do not absorb the heat of the sun. Instead, they reflect it. In turn, this feature helps homes stay cool during the summer months. This helps homeowners to cut down on their air conditioner usage, which could also allow them to save money on energy bills.
* Metal roofs are also extremely tough. Unlike asphalt shingles that may be ravaged by high winds or heavy rains, metal roofs can withstand these things. A metal roof will not be prone to corrosion or cracking, and certain types of metal are also impact-resistant. As a result, homeowners can expect their metal roofs to look great throughout its lifespan.
* One of the best things about having metal Roofing in Gig Harbor is that it provides a great deal of safety for the household. This is because metal roofs are fireproof, which means they will never burst into flames from sparks or lightning strikes.
While there are many different roofing materials to choose from, not many can match the beauty, longevity, and protection that a metal roof can offer homeowners. Get in touch with a reputable roofing company today to learn more about how investment in a metal roof can bring decades of peace and security to an entire household.